Eskom Projects completed
Cape Gas Turbines
- 3 x 120MW Gourikwa
- 5 x 120MW Ankerlig
- 2006 – Generator commissioning and HV yard interface at Gourikwa and Ankerlig – appointed by Eskom PTM. Test all generator protection interface.
Duvha Power Station
- Test Unit 2 600MW new generator protection panel on behalf of Siemens during September 2013. All Omicron results available with test files available.
ESKOM Peaking (Hydro) Power Stations
- In the process of completing arc flash studies and Digsilent modelling for Eskom’s 8 Peaking Power Stations (Hydro and Gas) in the Cape.
Eskom’s 13 Coal Fired Power stations
- Okusha completed the load flow, fault study and setting grading calculations for all Eskom's 13 coal fired power stations. Approximately 3000 pages of documentation, per Power Station. Okusha utilized the most modern international software, to set more than 6000 protection relays.
Matimba Power Station
- Installed 5200 high efficiency power saving fittings within 6 weeks.
Kriel Power Station
- Commission the entire Ash Plant system including C&I control and operating training. 6 month project.
Komati Power Station
- Returned to Service after 13 year shutdown - calculated approximately 3000 LV cables and 300MV cables for old cables to be replaced. Compile cable schedules with racking requirements. Present a paper to Eskom’s Chief Engineers - “The most economical selection of power cables”. The effect of the volt drop with torque characteristics are calculated with the software developed by Okusha Engineering.
Camden Power Station
- Design electrical distribution and lighting for station's 8 km fence. Total of 650 light fittings installed.
SAP implementation program
- Assisted Roshcon for more than one year with the development and implementation of SAP program.
Assist EDDCOR with the commissioning of the Centurion waste water recovery project. EDDCOR was responsible for the electrical reticulation and instrumentation installation.
BHP Billiton Meyerton
- Conduct generator protection maintenance on 52 MVA generator and HV yard. Motivate to replace generator protection to Management. Okusha is appointed as Projects Manager to replace entire generator turbine control, Buszone, Bus Section, Synchroniser panel and generator protection.
Optimum mines Middelburg
- Is the Service Provider to maintain all protection equipment on entire 45km radius plant, 15 sub stations.
- Service provider to maintain entire Gloria and Walmansrus mines including underground.
Anglo Coal Simunye 4 Mine
- Assist Roshcon with the Anglo Coal Simunye 4 expansion project. Design Electrical protection for new 2 x 22kV Feeders and the complete commissioning of substation with electrical reticulation.
Anglo Platinum Rasimore Mine
- Assist EDDCOR with the quality assurance and partial commissioning of Anglo Platinum Rasimore mine, new reduction plant.
Bateman Kalahari United Mines
- Bateman Kalahari United Mines at “Hot as hell” - designing of electrical reticulation and lighting of 4km railway line. Okusha made use of the software package “Digital Simulation of Electrical Networks – DIGSILENT” to calculate voltage drops of up to 130 light fittings. On site tests were conducted. Design and actual values corresponded.
- Load flow study for future expansion and overhead line capacity.
- Load flow study for future expansion and overhead line capacity
TSB Malelane sugar mills
- Test new generator primary equipment. Execute setting documentation and the implementation thereof. Commission and synchronize generator to Eskom grid.
Ferrometals Chrome (Emalahleni)
- Assisted Ferrometals Chrome in the Arc Flash Calculation studies of the entire plant. Testing of all protection relays with an Omicron. Factory acceptance test in Siemens factory of six Furnace feeder panels. Retrofit of old CDG relays with new MICOM relays including testing and commissioning.
- Ford Motor Company SA Silverton and Port Elizabeth plants – conduct a complete load flow study, Setting documentation and arc flash study of 900 electrical panels and machines.